If you are a financial representative serving a Columbia shareholder who held shares prior to our listing on October 10, 2013, we encourage you to take advantage of the resources provided on this website to assist you in serving your clients, particularly our Frequently Asked Questions about Columbia, which cover among other things:
• Whom to contact for assistance with account-related questions.
• Where to get assistance in calculating cost-basis.
• What to do if your client's shares were held in and IRA with First Trust Retirement as custodian.
• What happened to shares held prior to Columbia's listing, including at the time of our reverse stock split and listing on the NYSE.
If you are unable to find the information you need on our website, or if you are assisting a client with a question specific to their account, you may contact Columbia's transfer agent, AST (see contact information on the Shareholder Services page). However, when contacting AST or otherwise seeking additional assistance, please note the following:
• Columbia’s transfer agent, American Stock Transfer & Trust Company, LLC (“AST”), may not speak to financial representatives unless the shareholder of record is also on the phone.
• Columbia does not have resources available at our corporate offices to assist with financial representative requests; all such requests should be directed to AST or the bank, broker, or custodian for the account.
• If your client’s Columbia shares have not been transferred to a brokerage account, we encourage you to speak with your client about whether moving the shares to a brokerage account may provide additional account services.
For more information, please click here to reference the letter sent on June 15, 2015, to shareholders with accounts directly-held accounts at AST.